Q: Front end rattling noise in 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES with the rattling noise on the front end when I go on bumpy roads. I replaced shafts, bushings and end links that were worn out. Control arms are fine. What else can I check?

When you get rattling, there are so many possible causes for the rattle. Watch my older video “finding the source of car noises.” I’ve got this cool device that you can get on eBay, used for 50- 80 bucks. It has a receiver and four transmitter units.

What it does is clamp it on different areas and when you drive, you wear headphones, and you push the numbers, and when you get the noise alarm you know where the noise is coming from.

That’s what I advise you to do because you’ve changed most of the major parts, but there are still other things like transmission mounts and motor mounts.

You’ve said that you set the strut mounts, but there are bolt joints, and all kind of things there that can make noise. If you jack it up and pull it in the tires and you cannot feel anything wearing, then you’d want someone with one of those machines like I have to go through and actually listen while he drives down the road to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from. If you need help with this, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home office to diagnose your car’s rattling noise.

3. Front end rattling noise in 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer ES