Q: Audio fuse keeps blowing after multiple attempts to change it.

asked by on May 09, 2017

After having my car jumped because I made a mistake and left the lights on all night, the radio doesn't work. I tried as well as an autozone employee tried to change the fuse multiple times and it keeps blowing.

Hello, thank you for writing in. When you jump-started the vehicle, you may have done damage to the radio. The radio itself may be continuously blowing the fuse as it is trying to turn on. You may want to try unplugging the radio for a day, and seeing if the fuse is okay. If the fuse continues to blow, then there is another source of power blowing the circuit. At this point, you will have to check wiring diagrams to verify no other electrical components are run through that fuse. Otherwise you may be in a position to have to replace the entire radio. For more help with electrical testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.