Q: Car starts and run suddenly it shuts off. It turns back runs and shuts off again

asked by on December 13, 2016

The car starts with no problem. You drive it but after a few minutes it stalls or shuts off. It turns back on and does the same over and over. Will like to know what could be the cause?

Depending on what speed the stalling tends to occur, this may be a couple of different possibilities. If this happens at lower speeds or idle, this may be a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. I this happens at a higher speed or under a greater load, this may be a faulty MAP sensor or possibly low fuel pressure caused by a bad fuel pump or a faulty fuel pressure regulator. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.