Q: Sunroof won't close properly

Why won't my sunroof properly close after my dealership replaced the alternator? It opens, but is warped because it's not the same level as the roof. What should I do?

A: There are some minor adjustments that can b...

There are some minor adjustments that can be made in relation between the sunroof height and the sunroof cassette. One thing to note: if the adjustment is done improperly it can damage the cassette, sunroof, or both, which could be a very costly repair. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the expertise to properly assess the sunroof cassette and sunroof motor. The mechanic has the tools to adjust the sunroof and avoid any damage to the sunroof cassette or sunroof panel.