Q: Won't start

My car started to overheat, so we pulled over to let it cool off. Now, it won't start

A number of faults can occur when an engine overheats. If the engine was overheated severely, it is possible that the engine has internal damage and has seized. Also, engine electronics are very sensitive to heat and liquids. If coolant sprayed out anywhere due to the overheat, electronics such as crankshaft sensors, ignition coils or modules, etc, could have bee saturated with coolant and shorted out. Or any one of them could be damaged from the overheat. Have a certified technician diagnose the reason for the overheat and no start conditions.