Q: Engine oil level warning showing up

asked by on May 24, 2016

My car often has the oil level warning showing up, whether I drive it a lot or moderately. I took it to the mechanic and he replaced the oil. It was 7 liters. In spite of this, the oil level warning showed up again a couple of days later. I am wondering what the issue is. Can you give me some advice on how much oil to put and which type is the best for this particular model?

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

As for the Oil Pressure Light, the oil pressure is measured by a sensor that is called the oil pressure sending unit. This sensor threads into the engine block and is exposed to oil on the side that is threaded in. This sensor turns the pressure exerted upon it into a signal voltage that is sent to the powertrain control module (PCM). If the signal voltage that is sent by the oil pressure sending unit is above or below the threshold set by the manufacturer, the Oil Pressure Light will be illuminated. These vehicles require 6.85 quarts of 5W-30 oil as specified by the manufacturer.