Q: When going 0-20 mph I hear a knocking noise but over 20 mph no noise

When going 0-20 mph I hear a knocking noise but over 20 mph no noise. It just is knocking when accerlating and pushing on the brake.

Any ideas?

Hi there. Quite often when you hear a knocking sound while accelerating and while braking, it’s caused by a CV joint that is damaged or wheel bearings that are damaged. It is also possible (although unlikely) that a damaged pulley from a serpentine belt or secondary belt is damaged as well. Before you attempt any repairs or take your car to a shop, it would probably be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can correctly diagnose this problem first. This can save you a lot of money on ensuring the right repairs are made the first time.

3. When going 0-20 mph I hear a knocking noise but over 20 mph no noise