Q: How Do I Use a Blind Spot Mirror?

How do I use a blind spot mirror?

If you’ve never used blind spot mirrors on a vehicle you’ve driven, they can be a bit disorienting while getting used to them. The convex shape provides a wider field of view and shows objects, cars, and curbs you otherwise wouldn’t be able to see. That’s the good part. They also “bend” the view, making objects appear to be smaller and further away than they really are. And that’s the part that takes some getting used to.

The mirrors should be adjusted so the flat part of the mirror provides your primary view. The smaller, convex mirror is most helpful when used to see objects further off to the side, cars in the next lane, or curbs close to your tires. Try experimenting by fine tuning the adjustment settings, and give yourself some time to get used to the difference. You’ll soon get used to the way things look and probably appreciate the extended view provided by blind spot mirrors.

3. How Do I Use a Blind Spot Mirror?