Q: Car stopped after rough idle

I was driving my car and all of the sudden it had a really rough idle, and it stopped running. I pushed it into the gas station it broke down in front of and popped the hood nothing seemed out of the ordinary. After several attempts to start it, it finally started with a rough idle and stopped, then I tryed again it started and I got I home about an eighth of a mile then it died again.

This is a common symptom of a faulty idle air control module. This module regulates the control of air being mixed with fuel at idle. When this is faulty, it will cause an imbalanced amount of air and fuel to be injected into the car’s motor. When this happens it should trigger a Check Engine Light which will register fault codes in the car’s computer. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your car with a scanning tool which will allow those codes to be downloaded.

3. Car stopped after rough idle