Q: My car won't shift into 3rd, 4th, and reverse.

My 94 Nissan pu 5spd trans was shifting fine until this past weekend. It wont shift into 3rd, 4th gears an reverse. I check fliud it was low so l topped it off...it still not shifting into 3rd 4th gears an reverse..shifts fine into 1st 2nd 5th

Hi there. The gears 3rd and 4th are both on the main shaft inside the transmission. Those gears have a synchronizer that connects the gears together. The reverse gear does not have a synchronizer to make the gear work. It sounds like that the reverse gear has chipped a tooth and caused the main shaft gears to grind out the synchronizer. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to observe the issue with your transmission.

3. My car won't shift into 3rd, 4th, and reverse.