Q: Windshield wiper fluid of radiator as Chevy Volt

I accidentally put a fairly small amount of windshield wiper fluid in the radiator. I called the Chevy dealer and they said that I needed to have it flushed and that it would cost $170. Do I really need to do that?

Hi Paula. Thank you for contacting us today. If windshield washer fluid has been added to the radiator, even a small amount - it should be flushed. Windshield washer fluid contains soap, which will expand and bubble rapidly when it gets hot. This can cause additional restrictions in the cooling system and possibly overheat the engine. However, you don’t need to have this done at the dealership. Click this link to request an estimate to have one of our mobile mechanics complete the radiator flush.

3. Windshield wiper fluid of radiator as Chevy Volt