Q: My key fob will not open my car doors or trunk. I inserted a new battery in the fob and that did not help. What cld be the proble

My key fog is not working. I replaced the battery in the fog and it still will not open the car or trunk. The key hole is damaged so inserting the key is not an option, I have to use the key fog. I went to the dealership and bought a new fog but they said they have to have the car there to program. I spoke to a friend of mine that works for a different dealership and they spoke with their service dept and were told they didn't think the key fog was the problem. For the last month I have been having to click several times to get the key fog to open the car doors. What can I do to get the car open and in your opinion what could be wrong?

Based on your description, I believe that the first issue is the lack of programming for your new key fob. If the dealership told you that the key requires programming and that was not done, this is the reason that the new key fob is not responsive. Next, it is possible that the key hole in your door is electronic. This means that there is a sensor on your door lock that will allow you to lock or unlock all of the doors by turning the key inside the driver front door lock. If this is the case, the fact that that part has been damaged could have caused this issue. This may not have happened immediately after the key hole was damaged, but over time the issue may have gotten worse causing the key fob problem. I would recommend having your key fob programmed by the dealership to see if that will resolve the issue because that will have to be done anyway. If this does not fix the problem, I would then recommend having the key hole replaced by a qualified professional.

• My key fob will not open my car doors or trunk. I inserted a new battery in the fob and that did not help. What cld be the proble