Q: Gas is pouring out of the throttle body. What would cause this?

asked by on August 22, 2016

Gas is pouring out of the throttle body of my Plymouth Voyager '93 3.3 liter engine. It is leaking out of the egr valve. What would cause this?

Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.81 - $960.90 Get a Quote
Change Oil and Filter $92.33 - $166.24 Get a Quote
Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The fuel pressure regulator is leaking fuel into the intake manifold and may have even filled the engine oil with gasoline. You should have the fuel pressure regulator replaced and the oil and filter replaced. You may have to have the spark plugs removed to get the fuel out of the cylinders or fuel will lock the motor from turning over. If you need help with this, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your gas leak and assist you with repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr