Q: Throttle stuck open

asked by on February 15, 2016

The throttle in my car is stuck open.

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $685.94 Get a Quote

First, I would check to make sure that there is not a floor mat stuck under the gas pedal. Once that is ruled out, I have a strong suspicion that you’re either having a problem with the acceleration pedal position sensor, or the throttle body itself. There is no throttle cable in your car. The computer reads how far you are pushing the gas pedal, and then tells the throttle body how far to open. Either one of these components malfunctioning can cause your throttle to be stuck open. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to properly diagnose your concern, and replace the throttle position sensor, if deemed necessary.