Q: Car randomly shut off while driving

Okay so I was driving home about a week ago and out of nowhere my car suddenly shuts off on me so I got my buddy computer and read the code and the code was a p0340 which indicated that the cam shaft sensor bank one was no good so I went and replaced it with a new one and the check engine light went off the code no longer appears but now it won't start I replaced the spark plugs cause they were no good i replaced the spark plug wires, and the ignition module, it is getting gas cause when you push the valve on the vacuum line gas comes out I know that my battery is dead from trying to start it but even when I get a jump it still won't start it cranks over and sounds like it really wants to start but it just won't fully start I already did a trouble shoot on it and all the fuses and relays are working can someone please help me

Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1182.22 Get a Quote
Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.64 - $903.72 Get a Quote

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a failed fuel pump regulator. Fuel coming out of a vacuum line indicates that the diaphram inside the fuel pressure regulator may have failed causing fuel to get into the vacuum lines. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs, hard starting or a lack of power when accelerating as the engine may be starved for fuel if insufficient fuel pressure exists in the fuel system. This can happen when the pump itself is not working properly or when the fuel pressure regulator is not maintaining the proper fuel pressure in the fuel system causing the engine to starve for fuel. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.