Q: Bad oil pressure sensor

asked by on February 15, 2016

I am getting Check Engine codes P0520 and P0521, which point to a bad oil pressure sensor. In addition, the oil light starts blinking and beeping intermittently. I have since shut down the car, and not started it again as a precaution. The oil level is good, and the oil filter is new.

A common failure in your vehicle is the oil pressure sending unit. Once the sensor is replaced, these codes should go away. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to replace your oil pressure sensor at your home of business.