Q: Can my seat belt pretensioner be repaired, or does it need to be replaced?

asked by on November 09, 2016

i have had a rear end shunt can the seat belt pretentinor on a mercedes e350 coupe be repaired or does it need replacing? The seatbelt retractor pretensioner circuit open fault code on a ethos 9c3a 1st row driver retractor pretensioner circuit open , can this be repaired or is it a complete new belt from Mercedes at £520?

Most vehicle manufacturers are very particular about most of their components, but when it comes to supplemental restraint systems (SRSs), such as air bags, pretensioners, and so on, they are most particular. While it has been some time since I’ve worked for Mercedes, they were most particular about SRS components. Any damage to the SRS wiring that was more than 100mm from a connector required replacing the entire SRS harness for the vehicle. Any SRS components that are open, shorted, or faulty in any manner required replacement. No repairs were allowed or recommended. It seems that your only choice is buying a new belt mechanism.