Q: Ignition coil problem

My car turns off sometimes whenever I change my gear to drive or reverse. I try turn it off, but it doesn't want to turn back on. I had my mechanic check it out, and he tells me that my ignition coil is not working properly. The car runs good, but starting it is the problem. Also, my Check Engine light is on, but there's nothing wrong with my car. It's just the sensor that's dirty.

Hello! I suggest having the vehicle inspected by another technician to get a second opinion. Usually when a Check Engine Light is on, the vehicle will have some type of issue. Rarely will a Check Engine Light illuminate when nothing is wrong. I strongly suggest having the Check Engine Light diagnosed, and the codes retrieved by a technician. The light is accompanied by a numeric code which will tell the technician some more information about the exact problem the vehicle is experiencing.

I would suggest having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect why you are having issues starting your vehicle.