Q: Engine won't idle when cold - 2001 Chevrolet Silverado

replaced idle control sensor no vaccum leaks but truck will not idle when the engine is cold?

Hi there - given your repairs already, I would suspect a fuel-related issue, specifically the engine coolant temperature sensor (for engine management, not the gauge). If a faulty temperature signal is sent to engine management, the engine may not be getting a rich enough mixture when cold. This kind of failure is masked when the engine warms up - engine will run fine when hot. I would recommend an inspection of engine sensors to resolve the poor cold running you are experiencing by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Engine won't idle when cold - 2001 Chevrolet Silverado