Q: Key on engine won't turn over and the lights and power good. I have a 5 speed and a 2.3 liter engine.

asked by on December 24, 2016

I WAS RUNNING MY TRUCK WITH A OBD1 CODE READER CONNECTED AND TWICE HAD MADE A KILL ERROR WITH A PUSH OF WRONG BUTTON AS TO KILL ENGINE IT HAPPENED AND AFTER THIS HAS STARTING ISSUES AFTER KILLING RUNNING WITH CODE READER CONNECTED NOT WHAT I MEANT TO HAVE HAPPEN JUST BY ERROR HIT THE WRONG BUTTON AS IT HAD DONE SONE KINDA DAMAGE TO THE RELAY COIL OR START ACTUATOR ?OR BRIDGE RECTIFIER ON ALT? OR POLARIZED IT?.... DONT KNOW BUT IT SLOWLY HAS MADE THE KEY ON TURN ON GO OUT IM HEARING THE ACTUATORS RELAYS UNDER THE FUSE BOX THAT SEND IGNITION AND FUEL PUMP SIGNALS TO WORK IM GETTING ALL ELECTRICAL INTERNAL EXTERNAL WORKING GOOD THE BATTERY IS Staying charged its ok when running but it has to be pushed then pop the clutch to start it its not able to restart after a few good drives and the key on to start still doing the same clock clik tick tik only 2 fast always two and they are coming from the ignition relay the main where the battery + - bolt to with a positive feed to starter solonoid

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Sounds like the starter solenoid is sticking and the engine will not start. Take a pry bar or something and tap on the starter solenoid and then retest the starting situation. If the engine starts up good, then the starter needs replaced. Check the starter relay in the fuse box under the hood. If the relay gets hot, then it will stop working until it cools down. Replace the starter relay if its getting too hot. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from Your Mechanic, that can assist you with your engine not starting.