Q: Transmission

Transmission will go in reverse but want move and then all at once today the transmission started to riving up and want shift out

Hello. It sounds like your transmission is failing. I usually start by checking the transmission fluid. If it is low then this will occur.

If the level is fine then I usually drop the pan and drain the fluid from the transmission. If there is metal or other debris in the transmission pan or if the fluid is really dark or smells burnt then the transmission needs to be rebuilt.

If everything looks fine then it may be a valve body issue, but that is not too common on this vehicle. This type of problem is best diagnosed by a transmission specialist.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose your shifting issue firsthand and suggest exactly what to do from there.

3. Transmission