Q: Car is jerking and then correcting itself while driving. Especially when getting off gas pedal and then when pressing again. Not

asked by on July 05, 2017

Car is jerking and then correcting itself while driving, generally to the right. Especially when getting off gas pedal and then when pressing again. Not coming to a stop. We have replaced complete strut and spring assembly, inner and outer tie rods, sway bars and bushings, control arms and motor and transmission mounts. Even replaced brake pads. Car did not sway/ jerk (sway feels like went your ankle gives out and then comes back)prior to replacing suspension. It does need new tires now but they have been rotated and aligned since replacement of suspension. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Car pulls in one direction Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In general, when this situation occurs, it’s due to loose or damaged suspension components as you’ve described above and indicated were recently replaced. It’s quite possible that one of the components has come loose and is the source of this problem. A stuck brake caliper can also be the source of this issue. Other common issues would be a tire that has what’s referred to as a "radial pull". However, rotating the tires would resolve this problem, unless multiple tires had this problem. It would be best to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car pulling inspection so they can test drive and inspect the vehicle onsite and determine the source of this problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr