Cost for head gasket on 2001 dodge durango durango 2001 v...

Q: Cost for head gasket on 2001 dodge durango

asked by on May 16, 2017

How do you know it needs head gasket

Hi there. A blown head gasket is typically caused by an overheating problem. As the engine overheats, hot coolant and excessive temperature can cause the gasket itself to burn and cause coolant to flow into the combustion chamber and other engine systems it does not belong. It can also warp the cylinder head or block deck itself. Unfortunately, this is a service that our mobile mechanics do not offer, as this is a job that should be completed in an automotive shop by specialists in this repair. Depending on the damage done to the engine and other systems impacted by the head gasket failure, repairs can cost as little as $600 to a few thousand dollars.