Q: Q: Should I disconnect my battery?

I am travelling and I am leaving my car. Is it normal to disconnect the battery to avoid discharge or should I leave it connected ?

This issue really depends on the amount of time the vehicle will be sitting. There are several other factors that will impact on the amount of time that the battery will hold a charge, but it really boils down to the amount of time, versus how long your battery can hold a good charge. If the battery is in very good condition, some people would be comfortable leaving the vehicle for a month without worry, while other people will say that two weeks is about the maximum. Any kind of drain on the battery will shorten the amount of time the battery can hold a charge, also. Anything like the display on a radio, or other accessories, or any other kind of drain will shorten the time the battery will be effective. Personally, if I leave my vehicle for more than a week or two, I disconnect the battery cables, just to be a little more positive that I’m not going to have a problem later.

3. Q: Should I disconnect my battery?