Q: The battery light comes on and stays on. When I put the car in neutral and rev it up, the light goes off.

The battery light comes on and stays on when I'm driving. But if I put it in neutral and rev the car it goes of but when I put it back in drive it comes back on.please help

Hi there. Sounds like the alternator is not functioning correctly. Check the belt to the alternator and make sure that its not slipping. If so, then the belt should be replaced. Check the alternator for a full load. If the alternator is unable to produce the max amperage, then it would need to be replaced. If you need further assistance with your battery light coming on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• The battery light comes on and stays on. When I put the car in neutral and rev it up, the light goes off.