Q: All wheels are slightly bent and one wheel is cracked

I am having problems with the wheels on my car. All of them are slightly bent and the rear left wheel is cracked. Wheels just don't develop hairlines or straight cracks on the inside wall without there being some sort of bend in the wheel, so I am thinking there probably are other drivers with my make/model having the same problem due to a manufacturing issue. Even the mechanic where I purchased new tires told me that it looks suspicious. The length of the crack is about 1 inch and is on the rim edge. What are your suggestions for my wheel problems?

When the vehicle’s rims develop these type of cracks, they should be replaced immediately. The cracks can make the wheel unstable and should not be driven on until it is repaired. The most common causes of trims cracking in this manner is due to potholes or other impact damage. The wheels may have a fault, if they have all failed at once. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to inspect your steering, suspension, and wheels in order to diagnose this fault.