Q: Timing belt chain replacement

asked by on August 03, 2016

My engine is highly interference, It makes me nervous to use Yourmechanic because the possible consequences of installing wrong. Can timing belt really be done in my driveway, you guys carry absolutely everything you would need for the job? for example, the right harmonic balancer puller etc. . .Also, is the timing belt replacement something that requires experience for that specific engine, or are they all about the same. I wouldn't want someone working on my car who didn't know exactly what they were doing, How can I trust that your mechanic will only do the job if he feels confident?

Sent to CS on 8/5

You will not need a harmonic balancer puller as it is not necessary for the balancer to be removed in order to change a timing belt. The key with the interference motors is to be absolute certain to get the timing marks lined up correctly with the #1 Cylinder at TDC (Top Dead Center). It is when these timing marks get misaligned that the interference motors have major problems.

Yes, an expert from Your Mechanic could easily do this job at your home.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr