Q: Hello I have a 1978 Chevy four-wheel-drive. I completely tore it down and restored it and put everything back together, but the dash lights are not working properly.

I have a 1978 Chevy four-wheel-drive four-speed transmission all my lights work on the outside correctly the instrument panel is malfunctioning when I use my turn signals the panel the whole panel blanks the right indicator stays on when I turn the key on at all times and Indica also blank back-and-forth with one another when I'm using the turn signals and four ways I tried replacing the steering column I tried replacing the complete wiring harness is and I've also and replace the instrument panel and the fuse block all my grounds are hooked up correctly nobody can figure it out

Hi there. It seems that the dashboard lights are grounded to the turn signal switch circuit. This will make your dash light come on when they are not to come on. For the indicator light staying on issue is the power is attached to the running lights circuit and not through the flasher unit. This will make the light come on but not flash. Make sure that all of the turn signal wiring is hooked to all of the dash lights and is powered through the flasher. If you need further assistance with your flasher indicator lights not working properly, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hello I have a 1978 Chevy four-wheel-drive. I completely tore it down and restored it and put everything back together, but the dash lights are not working properly.