Q: My car shuts off while I'm driving sometimes and makes a bubbling noise once the car is warmed up or if I'm driving

asked by on October 14, 2016

My car shuts off while I'm driving sometimes and starts making a bubbling noise in the overflow container if I'm driving or when the car warms up ..idk what's the issue I had the car hooked up and it's says my camshaft sensor needs to be replaced but I'm not sure if that's the reason the car is cutting off still and some days won't start because I've already had the starter replaced ..and idk what causing the overflow to bubble

Your coolant overflow reservoir usually bubbles when the engine has a restriction that causes the flow of coolant to be reduced. This can lead to or be a cause of the engine to overheat. I would recommend getting a coolant flush service to try and flush out any restrictions that may exist inside the radiator or the engine. When this is done you will want to have all the air burped out of the cooling system. Once this has been done the issues you are experiencing should be resolved. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to flush your cooling system and address any issues that persist.