Q: Trouble code P2015. I don't know how to fix it.

The cel popped a p2015 code. Got it read and it's an intake manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit range/performance (bank 1). I don't know where to locate to fix or replace part.

The intake manifold runner control is a system that controls amount of air entering the engine, by way of valves in each intake manifold runner. They are linked together as 4 per side, bank 1 and bank 2. The control valve mounts to the back of the intake manifold and is commanded by the computer.

The P2015 code is to alert you that there is a physical malfunction of the manifold control. It could be an obstruction, but the most common cause is a broken clip that secures the linkage to the controller. Unless there is damage to the actual linkage, the clips can be obtained separately, if that is the actual problem.

If you’d like to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as one of our local technicians will be able to properly diagnose the trouble code and help you make the necessary repairs.