Q: Temp. Gauge doesn't move

Temp gauge doesn't move at all, engine temperature light is on, engine isn't overheating though, what could cause this?

A: No, signal on the instrument cluster concer...

No, signal on the instrument cluster concerning the engine temperature usually points to no signal coming from the coolant temperature sensor. This can be caused by a broken wire along the circuit, loose connection, or failed temperature sensor. If the engine high temperature light is on and the engine bay seems very hot while the engine is running, the engine may be overheating. If you need help having this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the engine temperature light to have this corrected.