Q: Wobble when braking and speeds over 50 MPH

I checked out a grinding noise that only occured when taking off from a complete stop on my front passenger wheel. All I did was take the tire off and check the cv axle which was good and I didn't have the tools to check the bearing, but I was told by a family friend that it was more than likely the bearing. After I put the tire back on, the grinding stopped and it hasn't started back up. Now, when I go over 50 MPH or brake, the car wobbles. It's not a hard wobble, but you can feel it in the steering wheel. Is it a bearing or something else?

Hi there. This is typically caused by warped rotors. When the rotors are warped, the steering wheel will shake when applying the brakes. This is a common issue. I usually measure the rotors to see if they are good, but most of the time they need to be replaced. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your braking system and replace your rotors if necessary.

3. Wobble when braking and speeds over 50 MPH