Q: Wobble when braking and speeds over 50 MPH

I checked out a grinding noise that only occured when taking off from a complete stop on my front passenger wheel. All I did was take the tire off and check the cv axle which was good and I didn't have the tools to check the bearing, but I was told by a family friend that it was more than likely the bearing. After I put the tire back on, the grinding stopped and it hasn't started back up. Now, when I go over 50 MPH or brake, the car wobbles. It's not a hard wobble, but you can feel it in the steering wheel. Is it a bearing or something else?

A: Hi there. This is typically caused by warpe...

Hi there. This is typically caused by warped rotors. When the rotors are warped, the steering wheel will shake when applying the brakes. This is a common issue. I usually measure the rotors to see if they are good, but most of the time they need to be replaced. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your braking system and replace your rotors if necessary.