Q: RPM surge when using turn signal

I have a small fuel leak from the fuel filter bowl. I also need the fuel filter replaced. There is an intermittent RPM surge when I turn on the right turn signal. The right brake light goes out occasionally, but fixes itself if I use the turn signal a few times. Maybe it is some loose wires. The Check Engine Light is also coming on.

A: I would not delay repairing the fuel leak. ...

I would not delay repairing the fuel leak. With that long host of symptoms, I would enlist the help a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come out and diagnose all the issues. The code stored for the Check Engine Light can help with the RPM surge and your turn signal may have more than one problem. The mechanic will be able to give your car a comprehensive inspection and come up with the repairs necessary to get your car back on the road safely.