Q: How long can you drive with a malfunction.indicator light on

Malfunction.indicator light has been on for 1 day, auto zone checked code, something up with catlytic converter, question is how long can I drive before fixed. On road and heading home to fla, 1000 drive thank you

Hi there. In most cases, when a error code is triggered, it indicates that there is an issue that should be inspected or repaired as soon as possible. Depending on the error code, your issue could be due to a faulty O2 sensor, or electrical harness powering these sensors. It’s highly unlikely that your catalytic converter after three years, but that is also a possibility. If you’re not experiencing any symptoms, like the vehicle is stumbling or hard to start or accelerate, you should be OK to continue your trip.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr