Q: My temperature gauge is going from cold to hot in a half mile. The hose going to the thermastat is HOT. Does it sound like the the

My temperature gauge is going from cold to hot within a half mile The hose leading to the thermastat is HOT. But no antifreeze blew out. But i shut it off quick do u think its the thermastat?

If the thermostat is open you will get the hot bottom and top hoses. Check to make sure the fan clutch is locking up and giving enough air flow across the radiator. If you have electric fan style, then is it coming on. If you are full of coolant and the fans work, then your thermostat is the most common problem or the water pump is not pumping from worn off pump blades if the coolant is rusted and corroded. Have a mechanic come and diagnose the overheating problem for you if you still need help.

• My temperature gauge is going from cold to hot in a half mile. The hose going to the thermastat is HOT. Does it sound like the the