I just installed a new fuel pump on my 1995 f150 xl.. I h...

Q: I just installed a new fuel pump on my 1995 f150 xl.. I had thought the pump was bad.. But come to find out that there is no power

I just installed a new fuel pump on my 1995 f150 xl.. I had thought the pump was bad.. But come to find out that there is no power reaching the fuel pump. So i stuck an electrical tester into the fuel wires. Only one wire had power, although it was very dim. My question is what could i do to troubleshoot or what do i need to do in general

Hi Micah. Thanks for contacting us today. Typically, when you have an issue like this, it’s caused by either an exposed electrical wire that is creating a short or a blown fuse/relay. The best advice I can offer is for you to purchase a service and repair manual for your truck, so you can trace the wiring and see if you can find the damaged wire and review Ford’s recommendations for troubleshooting.