Q: 2005 9.5 turbo started blowing smoke out tail pipe and under front side of engine and leaking a lil oil it's a turbo not over heat

asked by on July 29, 2017

Was driving at bout 100 and went to give more gas and started hesitanting slowed down and stop and it stalled out and started smoking set for alil bit started it again and it started running ruff and smoke started coming from under fruntside of engine and comeing out tail pipe it's not over heating also noticed when popped tha hood oil had came out oil port which is a problem some times wit tha turbos also some oil was leaking from some where in tha front by turbo oil spots on ground

It sounds like you are having a crankcase ventilation problem. There is a series of baffles in the valve cover and a vent pipe that allow vapors and pressure to escape from the crankcase into the intake as they build up. In high mileage cars, the baffles can become clogged with oily crud and pressure can build up in the crankcase. If your car has a turbocharger, the oil pumped into the turbo to lubricate the bearing cannot return to the crankcase because of the excessive pressure, so it goes out the seal and into the turbocharger housing. This is where the smoke comes from. Cleaning out the vent system can solve the problem. You can have this verified and fixed by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your smoking Saab and let you know what it will take to fix it.