Q: possible transmission problem.

diagnose torque converter selenoid or transmission have an 06 avalanche 1500 ls 2wd 5.3 automatic that will drive fine for 30 mins then suddenly lose acceleration rpms still move but wont increase speed on road but once it cools down half n hr or so it will drive fine again no clicks or noise no shifting problems and it is not producing any codes at autozone the transmission is only 3yrs old fluid is full but has a hint of dirt to it but not burnt black or metal still red and full no leaks im not sure where to start diy cant afford to have shop repair can u give me ways to test if its the tranny torque converter or selenoid or any other ideas on diagnosis would be helpful please My car has 200000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi there. Since the transmission fluid is a little dirty, I recommend replacing the fluid with the transmission filter. The torque converter will be working normally at all times and it will not cause the vehicle to slow down when its hot. If the vehicle get hot, then the computer will put the vehicle into limp mode to reduce the load applied to the engine to help it cool off, then when the engine is at a normal operating temperature, the computer will reset all parameters to the normal state and allow the limp mode to be turned off. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your vehicle as it loses power when it gets hot then drives normal when its cool.

3. possible transmission problem.