Q: Car shaking and smelling of gas

asked by on February 18, 2016

My car shakes and smells of gas. It started shaking as I was driving and feels like there is no power going to the engine.

Smell in the car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The symptoms you describe lead me to believe you have a fuel leak in your steel fuel line. A fuel leak is a serious concern that needs to be addressed immediately for your safety. The lack of power you are experiencing may be due to the drop in fuel pressure caused by the suspected fuel leak. It is not uncommon for the fuel line to rust and fail. To be 100% certain, I recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come by and inspect the smell in your vehicle. They will have the experience needed to quickly determine why you smell gas and experience a lack of power. They will also be able to perform the repairs needed to correct the lack of power as well as eliminate the gas smell.