Q: What does the Seat Belt light on the dash mean?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the Seat Belt light on the dash mean?

Your car is equipped with a number of different lights on the dash that will turn on to provide important information. If the Seat Belt light comes on, it means that the driver’s belt isn’t buckled. The light will stay on until you buckle the seat belt. If you don’t buckle up before the engine is cranked, the light will start to flash and you’ll hear a warning beep. It will stay on and you’ll periodically hear the warning beep until you turn off the engine or buckle the belt.

Tip

The Seat Belt light will also come on if the front passenger isn’t buckled up.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr