I have a 2000 ford escort zx2 2.0l vct changed the timing...

Q: I have a 2000 ford escort zx2 2.0l vct changed the timing belt and placed it in tdc it runs rough. Where do i set it?

asked by on October 07, 2017

Changed the timing belt. Set it to tdc. Runs rough. Ran fine before i changed the belt. Where do i set crankshift if its not tdc?

Your engine has a double overhead camshafts and requires special tools to hold crankshaft and camshafts in TDC position in order to get the timing correct. You may be off a tooth on the cams and will need to redo the job using the special tools to do it or have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic do the jb for you as long as they have correct special tools also.