Q: Stripped water pump bolt/screw

replced water pump drove 30 miles and now it is steaming again

Unfortunately, the stripped bolt in your water pump housing may very well have backed out causing the seal on the water pump gasket to be compromised resulting in the pump leaking coolant which may cause the motor to overheat. Depending on where the stripped bolt is on the pump, you may be able to have this bolt hole re-tapped with a Heli coil, essentially recreating new threads in the pump for the bolt. In the event that it has gotten too hot, there may be some warping that may have taken place. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your water pump.

3. Stripped water pump bolt/screw