Q: How to install a child seat without the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system?

How to install a child seat without the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system?

Installing a non-LATCH equipped car seat in your car is very easy. Here’s what you’ll need to do:

• Place the child seat in the car in the position where you want the child to ride.

• Route the seat belt through the child seat’s anchor points as described in the manufacturer’s instructions.

• Latch the seat belt securely.

• Tighten the seat belt and make sure that the seat is secure.

• If using a shoulder/lap belt combo (any seat but the center position in the back of your Accord), make sure the shoulder belt is locked. To do this, just:

1. Pull the shoulder belt toward you slowly until it stops.

2. Let the belt retract on its own.

3. Pull on the belt to make sure it’s locked.

3. How to install a child seat without the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system?