Q: How to install a child seat without the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system?

How to install a child seat without the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) system?

A: Installing a non-LATCH equipped car seat in...

Installing a non-LATCH equipped car seat in your car is very easy. Here’s what you’ll need to do:

• Place the child seat in the car in the position where you want the child to ride.

• Route the seat belt through the child seat’s anchor points as described in the manufacturer’s instructions.

• Latch the seat belt securely.

• Tighten the seat belt and make sure that the seat is secure.

• If using a shoulder/lap belt combo (any seat but the center position in the back of your Accord), make sure the shoulder belt is locked. To do this, just:

1. Pull the shoulder belt toward you slowly until it stops.

2. Let the belt retract on its own.

3. Pull on the belt to make sure it’s locked.