Chrysler 300 C 2012.... battery saver mode 300 chrysler 2...

Q: Chrysler 300 C 2012.... battery saver mode

asked by on June 22, 2017

Two weeks ago, my car didnt start up, so i assumed its a battery problem, i replaced the battery and things was going well until today when a new message poped up saying "Battery saver mode" it showed up suddenly as i was driving... i reached my destination safely.... when i tried turning the car on again, i got a message saying "ABS off", side mirror blind spots off.i believe i also smell some burning however i am not sure.. I turned off the car, waited for few minutes and turned it on again... the previous messages were not there however the battery saver mode was still on... My question is , i am going on a road trip tomorrow, can i drive the car meanwhile or is there a risk of worsening in the situation ?

If there is an unusual odor (you refer to a burning odor), I would not drive the car. Other than the odor issue, based on what you are describing you are not going to worsen the situation. A particular concern, technically speaking, is the battery issue. For example, if the battery is not being charged properly you will eventually break down. It is possible to have the vehicle inspected and repaired, on a mobile basis, right at your location. If you desire that service, please request a check engine light diagnostic. During a check engine light diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would use a code scanner to retrieve the specific diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that have caused the various warning lights to illuminate. Using those codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are then carefully tested, based on specifications set forth in your car’s Factory Service Manual, to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light, or other warning light, has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.