Q: How do I use the windshield wiper de-icer?

How do I use the windshield wiper de-icer?

A: If your car is equipped with a windshield w...

If your car is equipped with a windshield wiper de-icer (optional equipment), you have the means of removing ice accumulation and snow from your wiper blades. This is more than a mere convenience – it can greatly enhance safety by keeping your wiper blades free of ice so they clean the windshield better during winter weather. Here’s how to use the system:

• Turn the ignition to on (you can only use the de-icing system with the ignition in the on position).

• Press the de-icer button located near the bottom of the center stack (it’s the rightmost of the three buttons).

Tips

• The system will automatically turn off after about 15 minutes.

• Don’t touch the lower section of the windshield or the sides of the glass near the pillars because it will be very hot.