Q: My car turns on and reverse but when i put in drive it does not move. What can that be?

Car turns on and everything works. There is no engine light on or anything. Just when i put it in drive in doesnt want to move it just revs. But i can only reverse it thats all and bring it to park.

Hi there. This could be multiple problems ranging from issues with shift linkage, to shift solenoids and internal transmission component failure. In most cases, a problem like this will trigger an error code that can be downloaded by a professional mechanic when they complete a check engine light inspection. It might be a better idea to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection.

3. My car turns on and reverse but when i put in drive it does not move. What can that be?