I have a 2012 KIA Forte LX. For the past year I have had ...

Q: I have a 2012 KIA Forte LX. For the past year I have had a problem with the back wheel/s vibrating. What could be the problem?

asked by on August 31, 2017

Just over a year ago I was involved in a car accident, someone hit me in the left side rear of my car as I was making a left turn. After having the car repaired, I started noticing a vibration in the right rear wheel. It was only after the accident that I noticed this. I took it back to the same repair shop and they could not find the problem. I have also taken it to several other places since then and still, no one can give me a solution to my problem. I've never noticed a noise coming the from the wheel, only the vibration, almost as if something in the wheel is bent or crooked. When I drive at speeds below 20mph I can still feel it, not as bad of course, but I feel as though I'm driving over a bump. I've tried doing this on different kinds of asphalt/concrete, whether it is a smooth surface or not, I still feel the bumping/vibration. Recently, I replaced my right rear wheel and both rear tires are brand new. I've noticed no changes. Can anyone please help me?

If you have already had the wheel and tires replaced then you may have a bent spindle causing the wheel to wobble. Have the vehicle four wheel alignment done to see if the suspension is bent and then you will know what is causing the wobble thumping in the rear.