Q: Intake/throttle body

asked by on July 08, 2016

6.2 f250 moan and vibration at 75 mph, the moan deep squeal only happens at 75 (6th gear @ 1900 rpms) , I tested to see if it was the clutch not disengaging or other transmission issue by deselecting 6th gear on the manual option. The moan was still there but moved to 65 mph (5th gear @ 1900 rpms) the noise doesn't happen at any time. What could it be? It's very hard to pinpoint where it is coming from

This problem will be very difficult to diagnose as the vehicle is not present. It seems the noise does change as the load on the engine changes. Worn wheel bearings or pulleys along the belt drive system can make weird noises in different driving conditions. My advice is to hire an experienced professional like the ones we have here at Your Mechanic to take a closer look at the vehicle and pinpoint the cause of the noise.