Q: I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6 Automatic 6 Speed with a 105,000 miles. It has never had its transmission fluid changed.

asked by on February 18, 2017

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6 Automatic 6 Speed with a 105,000 miles, it has never had its transmission fluid changed is it a good idea to change it now or leave it alone? Will changing the transmission fluid do more harm than good? What would be the best place to have it changed? Mitsubishi Dealer, AAMCO, Firestone, Pepboys? Which type of change is the best Flush, Drain and Fill, Drop pan?

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

Changing the oil will not hurt the transmission as long as the fluid is red in color. If the fluid has never been changed, I recommend replacing the oil pan gasket and transmission filter with servicing the oil from the transmission. Any location is good to change the oil as long as they have the equipment for flushing the transmission oil out. If you need further assistance with your transmission service, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.