Q: thermostat replacement 1999 isuzu rodeo 3.2 V6 seems to look different than shown in my Haynes manual. Does the intake manifold ne

car doesn't warm up as quickly as it has all the time we've owned it. i have the manual (Haynes) for the vehicle, but the section on t-stat replacement doesn't look similar when I open the hood and look at it.

The manifold has to be removed to replace the thermostat. Rubber hoses that are only replaceable with the manifold out of the way should all be replaced during a repair like this and you should consider sending the fuel injectors out to a lab for professional ultrasonic cleaning while you have access. It is a big job as most thermostats are not this inaccessible and so I recommend professional replacement of the thermostat using one of YourMechanic’s certified Mechanics. As far as parts selection, using a genuine OEM Nissan thermostat will reduce the risk of post-installation headaches.

• thermostat replacement 1999 isuzu rodeo 3.2 V6 seems to look different than shown in my Haynes manual. Does the intake manifold ne